Summer is in full swing and we thought this would be the perfect time to revisit one of our favorite hot weather treats, courtesy of Kennedy. These pops are delicious, full of nourishment for our organs, and let’s face it- fun for adults too!
Energetic functions of the ingredients:
- Yogurt: moistens the large intestine and lung, resolves thirst, treats dry cough and constipation due to dryness
- Coconut milk: promotes fluids, resolves thirst, treats dehydration after bleeding or diarrhea
- Raspberries: nourishes the liver and kidney yin
- Blueberries: tonifies the kidney
- Blackberries: tonifies the kidney
- Pineapple: boosts the spleen, dispels wind damp, promotes fluids
- Banana: moistens the intestines, resolves toxins, clears heat
- Honey: boosts the spleen and stomach, moistens dryness, relaxes tension, resolves toxins
Local honey is important for children with environmental allergies, as the bees pollinate what the kiddos are sensitive to, and introducing bee pollen can gradually build the kids’ immunity. This is the same principle as a vaccination.
Remember, everything in moderation! These are a special treat because if consumed to excess these can damage the Spleen Qi.
HEALTHY FRUIT SMOOTHIE POPS
- 1 cup of full fat plain yogurt or 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 cup of frozen berries
- 12 cup of frozen pineapple
- 1 banana
- 1-2 Tbs of honey
- 3 Tbs of chia seed or ground flax seed
- Dynamic Greens (powdered wheatgrass)
- Powdered probiotics
Combine all the ingredients in blender, and purée until smooth. Add more yogurt or coconut milk if a smoother consistency is desired. Pour mixture into popsicle molds, and place in the freezer.