Golden Milk Turmeric Tea
This lightly spiced drink is packed with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties thanks to a dose of turmeric – perfect for detoxing after the holidays. A touch of honey adds just the right amount of sweetness, while the ginger and black pepper add a little heat to the earthiness of the turmeric.
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk, preferably coconut milk beverage or almond milk
- 1 (3-inch) cinnamon stick
- 1 (1-inch) piece turmeric, unpeeled, thinly sliced, or 1/2 teaspoon dried turmeric
- 1 (1/2-inch) piece ginger, unpeeled, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- Ground cinnamon (for serving)
Whisk coconut milk, cinnamon, turmeric, ginger, honey, coconut oil, peppercorns, and 1 cup water in a small saucepan; bring to a low boil. Reduce heat and simmer until flavors have melded, about 10 minutes. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into mugs and top with a dash of cinnamon. Golden Milk Turmeric Tea can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Warm before serving.
Using fresh turmeric adds a clean, bright flavor to this drink, but dried turmeric can be substituted when fresh is not Read MoreRead More