For a creative upgrade to your eggs in the morning, the bright flavor of this casserole fits the bill. It’s easy to prepare on the weekend and enjoy during the week. The combination of protein, healthy fat and vegetables is ideal for stable energy throughout your busy morning.
Approximately 12 servings
1 lb. ground turkey thigh
1 medium leek, thinly sliced (white part only)
4 cups spinach, chopped
1 bunch green onion, chopped
8-10 med-lg eggs, whisked
½ cup coconut milk or heavy cream
3 TBS fresh dill, chopped
½ tsp garlic powder
Salt & pepper
Coconut oil or butter for greasing
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease 9 x 13 pan.
- In a skillet, salt and brown meat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, coconut milk, dill and garlic powder. Stir in chopped leek, spinach and green onion. Add your desired amount of salt and pepper. The mixture should be wet. If dry, add another egg or more coconut milk.
- Combine browned meat and egg mixture.
- Pour into greased baking dish. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until eggs are not runny. Do not over bake.
MAGGIE CHRISTOPHER, Holistic Nutrition Counselor & Licensed Therapist, provides a safe environment to explore the emotional reasons for the eating habits that prevent you from reaching your health goals. She offers step-by-step guidance and delicious recipes which support you in introducing whole natural foods that promote health, calm cravings and allow you to feel satisfied. For a free nutrition consultation visit www.maggiechristopher.com or call 651.231.1360.