This recipe serves you health and wellness with your chocolate bomb craving. Quick and easy to make, naturally sweetened, and loaded with healthy fat, this fudge is perfect for sharing, stashing, and holiday treat plates.
- 1 cup organic coconut oil, solid
- ¼ cup canned coconut milk
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup raw honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp almond extract
- Line a 9×5-inch loaf pan with parchment or wax paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, mix the coconut oil and coconut milk together on medium-high speed for 5-6 minutes until glossy and thick. (Alternatively, use a hand-held mixer and a mixing bowl.)
- Add the cocoa powder, honey or maple syrup, vanilla extract, and almond extract, and mix thoroughly until smooth and well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the top with a spatula or the back of a spoon.
- Place in the freezer for 20 minutes or until just set.
- Once set, remove the fudge from the pan and place on a cutting board. Using a sharp knife, cut into small squares. Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer. (Note: keep chilled for serving as this will soften at room temperature.)
Joanna Willis, L.Ac.