A delicious treat that is low in sugar, won’t make you gassy or bloated, and may actually be somewhat healthy for you! Amazing!
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 Tbs melted coconut oil
- 1 large egg
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup raw honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- Zest of 2-3 lemons (about a ½ cup)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line the bottom of a 9 inch tart pan with parchment paper. Grease the sides with oil
- In a small food processor, pulse the almond flour and salt until combined (I like to add a dash of cinnamon as well). Add the oil and egg and pulse a bit more until dough forms. It should be sticky
- Transfer the dough to the center of the tart pan. Using a sheet of plastic wrap or greased palms, press the dough out into an even crust, coming ¼ to ½ inch up the sides. Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes or until firm and beginning to brown. Remove and let cool.
- For the curd, in a medium saucepan, whisk the eggs and honey until smooth. Set the pan over medium-low heat. Add coconut oil and cook, whisking occasionally, until oil is melted (About 2 min). Add the lemon juice and zest and continue to cook, whisking gently until the mixture begins to thicken, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat immediately, continuing to whisk to avoid lumps.
- Transfer the mixture to the crust and smooth evenly. Allow to cool completely and refrigerate.
Homemade whipped cream is amazing on this!
FODMAPs or fermentable oligosaccharides, disaccharides, monosaccharides, and polyols are short chain carbohydrates that are poorly absorbed in the small intestine and are prone to absorb water and ferment in the colon.
From Ashley L.A.c.