Mung Bean Salad
Mung beans are an important food in Chinese Medicine. They help clear heat and toxins from the body and are an ideal ingredient to use in the hot, humid late summer months.
- 1 cup uncooked mung beans
- ½ cup diced red onions
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cucumber, cubed
- 2 avocados, cubed
- 2 ears of corn, cooked and cut off the cob
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Rinse and cook mung beans in a saucepan with plenty of water, simmering for about 40 min. You want the mung beans to be soft but not mushy. Drain and let slightly cool.
- Toss the cooked mung beans with all the of vegetables.
- Mix the lemon juice, vinegar and olive oil together. Pour over the salad and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Recipe by Deb