Are you looking to increase your iron but have a hard time digesting red meat? These burgers are a great way to do both and we should mention they are also delicious!
There are two key ingredients in this recipe. The first is fresh ginger which aids in the digestion of meat. The other lovely ingredient to be mixed into the patties is garlic. Garlic is a prebiotic which helps the good bacteria in our gut out by having something to attach to. Garlic may also be especially beneficial because it contains the phytonutrient allicin. This phytonutrient is hypolipidemic and could have cholesterol lowering effects.
- 3-4 pinches Pink Himalayan Salt
- 3 pinches Fresh Cracked Pepper
- 2 Tsp Olive Oil
- 5-6 Garlic Cloves Cleaned and Chopped
- 1 Small, Fresh Ginger Root Peeled and Minced
- 1 Bunch Cilantro Washed and Chopped
- 1 lb. Organic Ground Beef
- Mixing Bowl
- Cutting board
- Chopping Knife
- Garlic Press (Optional)
- Frying Pan
Time: 30 minutes
- Place raw beef into a mixing bowl.
- Add about 3-4 pinches of salt and 3 pinches of pepper or to your own liking.
- Add minced ginger and chopped garlic and a small handful of chopped cilantro to ground beef.
- Mix all ingredients together by hand and form into small patties.
- Heat pan to medium and add a small amount of olive oil.
- Cook patties until slightly charred on each side. Approximately 4-5 minutes or an internal temp of 165 degrees.
Serve with rice and a vegetable of your choice such as broccolini or asparagus.