Once again, we made it. Summer is here and it is time for….fun! Whether that includes beaches, swimming, books, traveling, and getting outside, or if you are an indoor cat, summer reading in the shade with a cool lemonade, we hope you are enjoying these well-deserved long summer days.
Music heals. Find us to the Grand Oak Opry this summer!
We are once again excited to be sponsoring the Grand Oak Opry. Grand Oak Opry brings neighbors and people from throughout the Twin Cities together with local musicians into a casual setting – a backyard — under a 200 year old White Oak.
How does it work? The structure of the concerts is pretty simple:
- The concerts are in the beautiful backyard of Sean Kershaw and Tim Hawkins, at 273 Goodhue Street in St. Paul.
- ANYONE is welcome. You don’t have to know us, the neighborhood, or anyone else. We hope everyone feels welcomed and able to enjoy the great music.
- Bring a chair/blanket, and anything you want to drink and eat. Alcohol is fine if consumed responsibly. Some people make a picnic out of it.
- We provide water and the house bathroom is open to guests.
- Payment isn’t required, but 100% of the money from the gate and any merchandise sales (except Grand Oak Opry t-shirts) go to support the bands. We ask that all adults and kids over 16 contribute $15/person if possible, and over 95% of attendees contribute to support the musicians. (These payments are what help us get such great bands.)
- Kids of any age are welcome. Many of the kids play in the front yard during the show. Others dance with their parents or on their own.
- Local business sponsors cover fixed costs to make the concerts happen, which don’t include paying the bands. We don’t make any money from the shows. Please patronize the community businesses that make this community event possible!
Come early and you just may find us set up on the front porch, offering donation-based stress relief acupuncture with 100% of the proceeds going to the musicians.
We also wanted to remind you to book ahead this summer when possible. Providers are taking off a few days here and there, but don’t worry, we still have a place for you! We will be closed this summer on July 4th and Labor Day this summer.
We are available in both our St. Paul and Edina locations, if you are having trouble getting in with your preferred provider at one location, be sure to check out the other, or give us a call and we can help you out. Call us at 651-224-6678 or book online to reserve your spots
We all wish you a beautiful (and relaxing) summer!